2023 California Truck Driving Championship Entry Form
Entry Deadline for Southern Regional Competition: April 7, 2023
Entry Deadline for Northern Regional Competition: May 12, 2023
Cancelation Policy: You must notify the CTA Events Department in writing by
April 7 (South) & May 12 (North)
No refunds will be issued after this date.
IMPORTANT: Drivers will not be allowed to change class after the application deadline nor day of competition.
Drivers that do not show up or arrive after 7:00 a.m. on the day of competition will NOT be issued a refund.
If you have any questions, please contact CTA Events Department at (916) 373-3503 or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In consideration of my being permitted to participate in the California Trucking Association’s Professional Truck Driving Championships (CTDC), I hereby stipulate and accept the following:
- I am not an employee of the California Trucking Association.
- I unconditionally release the California Trucking Association and its affiliates from all liability and responsibility that may arise from any injury which I may receive while attending or participating in said TDC.
- The California Trucking Association shall have the right to use any photographs in connection to the TDC for whatever purpose.
- I will comply with all rules and regulations governing the California Trucking Association’s TDC (rules on page 4 of this application).
- I understand that possession or use of any alcoholic beverages or controlled substances in any area associated with the TDC constitutes grounds for immediate disqualification.
- I have been employed as a truck driver by a motor carrier who maintains a terminal in the State of California for twelve (12) consecutive months preceding the date of the TDC.
- In the course of my employment, I have an accident-free driving record for at least 12 months prior to entry and participation in the TDC. Note: Pursuant to the American Trucking Associations National Truck Driving contestant’s record are: (a) The contestant’s vehicle was legally and properly parked. (b) The contestant’s vehicle was stopped in traffic, was stopped in compliance with a traffic sign or signal or is being operated at the directions of a police officer. (c) Waived by NTDC Committee upon appeal.
- The number of winners from each class in each regional competition who proceed to the State Finals will be determined by the following scale: 0 – 50 competitors: top 3 finalists, 51 – 70 competitors: top 4 finalists, 71 – 90 competitors: top five finalists, 91-110 competitors: top six finalists, etc.
- I have a valid CDL, which I will have in my possession at the regional and/or state championships.
- I understand that I am only eligible to participate in one California State TDC regional competition.
- In case of tie scores, the Regional Chair and Course Capitan will create a tie breaker by rating course problems by difficulty before competition begins. A numbering system will be used to rank from most difficult to least difficult. The Driver’s score will be compared sequentially until one driver scores higher.
- If I have a protest, I must make it within thirty (30) minutes after class closure. Protests are to be taken to the announcers stand. CTA will provide the written protest form. Protest committee will be made up of State Chairman, Regional Chairman & Course Captain.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Upon driver check-in at the competition, the contestants must present a valid commercial driver license (CDL) of the proper class and with the endorsements necessary for the type of vehicle being operated.
Southern Regional: Saturday, April 29th, 2023 Santa Anita Park
285 W Huntington Dr, Lot B
Arcadia, CA 91007
South Tent Rentals - Make your own arrangements.
Northern Regional: Saturday, June 3, 2023 FedEx Freight
4075 Channel Dr.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
State Championships: Sunday, June 4, 2023 FedEx Freight
4075 Channel Dr.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
North Tent Rentals - Make your own arrangements.
Southern Regional competitions no later than - 5pm Friday, April 7, 2023
Northern Regional competition no later than - 5pm Friday, May 12, 2023
For REGIONAL COMPETITIONS:
All drivers must sign-in between 6-7am. No sign-ins will be allowed after 7am.
NO EXCEPTIONS! A course walk-through will begin at 7:30am. Competition begins by 8am.
FOR STATE FINALS COMPETITION:
All drivers must sign-in between 7-8am. No sign-ins will be allowed after 8am. Competition begins by 9am.
Drivers may only compete in one regional state competition.
If you have any questions, please call the CTA Events Department at (916) 373-3500.
- Driver must have been employed as a truck driver by a motor carrier who maintains a terminal in the State of California for twelve (12) consecutive months preceding the date of the TDC.
- Drivers must have an accident-free driving record for at least 12 months prior to entry and participation in the California Truck Driving Championships (see #7 from front page for more information).
- No person shall operate any vehicle or combination of vehicles without possessing a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) of the proper class and with the endorsements necessary for the type of vehicle being operated.
- There shall be no stopping on the course except when preparing to back or when stopped by an official. While negotiating a problem, the driver shall stop when necessary to prevent damage to equipment; each stop will result in a five-point penalty loss.
- In case of tie scores, the Regional Chair and Course Captain will create a tie breaker by rating course problems by difficulty before competition begins. A numbering system will be used to rank from most difficult to least difficult. The Driver’s score will be compared sequentially until one driver scores higher.
- A driver will be eliminated if he/she takes more than ten minutes to complete all problems on the course.
- Contestants who back a combination of vehicles consisting of a tractor and twin trailer (doubles) are automatically disqualified.
- Contestants who damage course equipment (other than paint damage) will be disqualified from the event. Damaging equipment includes such things as clutches, parking brakes, body and fender damage.
- Alcoholic beverages or controlled substances of any kind will not be allowed in the contest or parking area. Any participant using or found to be in possession of such items will be automatically disqualified from participation in the Regional, State Final or National competitions.
- Failure of any contestant to obey a contest official will be grounds for disqualification.
- Electronic devices are prohibited on the course.
- Participating companies must provide 1 judge for every 10 drivers they have registered to compete.
Each driver competing in the State Finals competition will be required to take a written examination. The examination will be developed from information contained in the Facts for Drivers handbook.
Personal interviews have been discontinued by ATA at the national competition; therefore, we will no longer conduct them.
We will be using officers from the California Highway Patrol and/or safety professionals for our Pre-Trip competition. Drivers will not be judged by representatives from their own company.
The California Truck Driving Championships are a family affair. Please – No pets, bicycles, scooters or skateboards.
Oops. This form is no longer accepting responses
We're sorry but this form/survey is no longer accepting responses. If you have questions or believe this is an error, please contact us.
California Trucking Association
4148 East Commerce Way, Sacramento, CA